ADSM-L

Unable to restore files

2003-04-09 17:57:48
Subject: Unable to restore files
From: Greg Redell <GRedell AT GWL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:57:13 -0500
I think I'm in a bit of a bind, I can't seem to restore files.

I 'm using a BAclient on my machine using the virtualnodename parameter to
try and do a restore on a server ( this doesn't work from the file server
either)

I was able to browse to the files and directories that I want to restore
and chose to restore them to their original location.
I have double checked that I can access the UNC to the location I am
restoring to but I am not seeing any activity towards the restore.

No tapes are trying to mount.
The session is in a run state not mount wait.
The client says that it has inspected 0 files and is in a waiting for
files state.

Q restore says that the restore session is active.

And the client just sits there.
Nothing in the dsmerror.log on the local machine, nothing in the activity
log on the server.

Any ideas?????

Server:  Win 2K --  5.1.6.2
Client Win XP -- 5.1.5.15
File server I am trying to restore to: Win 2K running the 5.1.5.7 client (
also cannot restore from this server )

Greg Redell
Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
Phone: 314-525-5877