ADSM-L

Re: UNLOAD/RELOAD DB

2003-04-09 13:06:00
Subject: Re: UNLOAD/RELOAD DB
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:05:32 -0400
Will skipdirs=yes cause more overhead and performance problems?  Right now
I only have a 5 GB recovery log (which I have also been having issues with)
and I don't want to crash the TSM server.  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                      "Rushforth, Tim"
                      <TRushforth@WINNI        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      PEG.CA>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: UNLOAD/RELOAD DB
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/09/2003 11:15
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Have you tried running expiration with skipdirs=yes?  This may run quicker
and expire most of the data.

When we had long runing expirations we did this (also running regular
expiration).