ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange 5.1.5

2003-04-09 11:25:56
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange 5.1.5
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:25:15 -0400
Mark,

I would need to hear details but there
is nothing that relies on the BA client
unless you are using scheduling (which is
part of the BA client package.)

DP for Exchange uses the TSM API, but that
is included and installed along with DP for Exchange.

Again.. if it is a concern, and you want
this to work without the BA client installed,
let me know what issues you see and we
can get it cleared up.

BTW, I have done this a number of times...
... i.e. install just DP for Exchange on a
"clean" Exchange Server machine and
used it to back up the Exchange server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.