ADSM-L

Library sharing setup problem

2003-04-07 03:06:25
Subject: Library sharing setup problem
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:05:58 +0200
Hello TSM-ers,
I have test environment in which I want to setup library sharing. My
environment is as follows:
TSM server 5.1.5.4 on AIX 5.1 connected to SAN
TSM server 5.1.6.2 os Solaris 9 connected to SAN
IBM 3583 LTO library with two LTO drives connected to SAN

On AIX TSM server I defined library and drives as usual.
Then I setup server-to-server communication and both servers are able to
comunicate.
On Solaris server I defined LTO library with libtype=shared and with
primary TSM server which is on AIX.

Now, when I want to define drives for that shared library (according to
manual) I get following error message:

ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.

Did I missed something? What I am doing wrong?
All steps I was doing according to manual.

Thanks

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava