ADSM-L

Re: TDP, TSM-API & OS/400

2003-04-04 07:18:49
Subject: Re: TDP, TSM-API & OS/400
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 07:11:59 -0500
Patrick,

In order to back up your Domino server using Data Protection
for Domino you must have access to a TSM Server.
DP for Domino will read data from the Domino Server
database files, and send it to the TSM Server via the TSM API.

Your statement:
   > I know I will not be able to backup the system to Tivoli
   > due to the inability to get to the TSM in a restricted state.
   > However, all I want to be able to backup to Tivoli is just
   > the Domino server and it's data.

Are you asking if you can use Data Protection for Domino to
back up to local tape or disk?  If so, the answer is no...
... unless you decide to install a TSM Server local to your
environment.

If I am not understanding your question correctly,
could you please clarify?

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.

> I am trying to backup a domino server loaded on an iSeries (AS/400) box.
> have loaded the TDP for Domino and the TSM API for OS/400.  The
> documentation is very slim, although it points me to a "Tivoli Storage
> Manager using The API IBM documber # SH26-4123" and "Tivoli Storage
Manager