ADSM-L

Re: problem with backup stgpool and maxprocess=2

2003-04-03 10:00:15
Subject: Re: problem with backup stgpool and maxprocess=2
From: Matt Simpson <matt AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:59:34 -0500
At 11:57 AM +1000 4/2/03, Steve Harris wrote:
If you use migproc=2 when you dump your diskpool then that will
write two two tapes, which will then get used in parallel by backup
stg.

Apparently not always true.  We have our disk pool defined with
migproc=2.  Disk pool does get dumped to multiple tapes.  When we
start the backup stgpool with maxpr=2, it usually starts copying 2
input tapes to 2 output tapes.  But we occasionally see a media wait
situation where both processes want to copy from the same input tape.
TSM Support told me this is normal.
--

Matt Simpson --  OS/390 Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300