ADSM-L

Re: I/O wait on NFS very high.--Help.

2003-04-01 03:16:24
Subject: Re: I/O wait on NFS very high.--Help.
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:15:21 +0200
> I have db volumes on netapp filer on NFS .And when ever disk is
> accessed I see 99% wait on DISK FOR cpu?

We see a very similar problem. We have a storage pool on NetApp, and
whenever we migrate, we get huge wait times. It's caused by paging and is
an AIX problem, which pages out computational pages in error (ie, it has to
page them straight back in again in order to continue).

There is a fix for AIX 5.1 (IY34604) and IBM are working on a fix for AIX
4.3.3 (IY42425). Our PMR number is 87678,001,806 if you want your support
to follow it that way.

Good luck
Richard Foster
Norsk Hydro asa

This e-mail with attached documents is only for the intended recipient
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.
any unauthorised reading, copying, disclosure or distribution of the
e-mail and/or attached documents is expressly forbidden, and may be a
criminal offence, and that Hydro shall not be liable for any action
taken by you based on the electronically transmitted information.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, you are kindly requested
to immediately inform the sender thereof and delete the e-mail and
attached documents.