ADSM-L

Re: Reporting Client Backup Competitions and SLA's

2003-03-28 11:52:54
Subject: Re: Reporting Client Backup Competitions and SLA's
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:51:39 -0700
You do not say which client version and operating system you are running.
Correct TSM behavior is to indicate a status of "Complete" for backups
where the only problems were skipped files. There was a bug in the 4.2.1.0
client that was reporting a status of "Failed" in such a situation, but
that has since been fixed.

Starting with version 5.1, the client reports a status of "Complete" and a
return code of '4' when the only problems were skipped files. See the
client manual chapter on "Automating Tasks" for info on the 5.1
backup-archive client return codes. From the TSM server, the RESULT column
in the EVENTS table and the Result column in the QUERY EVENTS output will
show you the client return code.

Regards,

Andy

Friday, March 28, 2003 08:23