ADSM-L

Re: Dr Watson

2003-03-28 10:40:15
Subject: Re: Dr Watson
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:38:57 -0700
I am talking about the TSM client software, not the machine on which it is
running. In order for the software to crash, it must have been performing
some kind of operation, i.e. starting up (say, after a reboot or NET START
command), shutting down (in preparation for a reboot, or NET STOP command),
running a scheduled operation (like backup), etc.

In cases such as these, it is helpful to know all the circumstances
surrounding the crash.

I suspect the scheduler service may have been starting up (like after a
reboot or NET START command), in which case it could be related to APAR
IC35271. I recommend moving to the latest patch level, 5.1.5.15, available
at:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v5r1/Windows/WinNT/v515

Regards,

Andy

Friday, March 28, 2003 08:24