ADSM-L

Reporting Client Backup Competitions and SLA's

2003-03-28 10:23:10
Subject: Reporting Client Backup Competitions and SLA's
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:22:37 -0600
We have a backup environment where we have a lot of "Skipped Files" due to
users leaving files open which TSM appears to report as a Backup Failure when
actually its a Success with Errors?  I'm asking because I have to put out a
monthly backup report that must meet our current SLA's and am getting killed
with Skipped files showing up as a failure.  Our management feels that being
that we are operating under the assumption that there will be opened files they
are comfortable with Skipped file backups begin reported as Successful.

Current Queries used to generate reports
q event * * begind=-1

SELECT EVENTS.SCHEDULED_START, EVENTS.DOMAIN_NAME, EVENTS.SCHEDULE_NAME,
EVENTS.NODE_NAME, EVENTS.STATUS FROM EVENTS EVENTS WHERE
(EVENTS.SCHEDULED_START>={ts '2003-02-01 00:01:00'}) AND
(EVENTS.STATUS<>'Uncertain')

Regards,

Chalres