ADSM-L

Re: Problem with audit DB

2003-03-27 09:37:34
Subject: Re: Problem with audit DB
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:37:03 -0500
ANR0102E asalloc.c(6428): Error 1 inserting row in
table "AS.Segments".
This is a known error with TSM 4.1, APAR IC33270 , such that
when a volume becomes emptied, not all the pointers get
deleted, and an audit volume fix=yes may or may not correctly
delete them either.

It is a volume-related problem, so if you mark the tapes
involved "unav", or if they are scratch, remove them from the
robot inventory, the problem will be alleviated although it has
not gone.

Since you are running TSM 5.1.6.2, I wonder if this old issue
is re-appearing.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , GUILLAUMONT Etienne (eguillau AT RGB-TECHNOLOGIE DOT FR)
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My TSM level is 5.1.6.2
> My database size is 2.3 Gb
> My TSM server is a Ibm RS/6000 43p140 AIX 4.3.3 with a L20
Storagetek (I
> know, It's an old and slow machine, I am waiting a F80 to
replace it)
> I have AIX, NT, 2000, 98 clients (about 10 clients)
>
> The first problem I had was that I received this message
during reclamation
> of My offsite Copy Storage Pool :
>
> ANR0102E asalloc.c(6428): Error 1 inserting row in
table "AS.Segments".

> And I still have this message so I can't make any reclamation
in this storage pool

> Etienne GUILLAUMONT
> e-mail : etienne AT rgb-technologie DOT fr
>
> RGB Technologie
> Parc d'Innovation, Bâtiment PYTHAGORE
> 11 Rue Jean SAPIDUS
> 67400 ILLKIRCH
> Tél :  03 90 40 60 60
> Fax : 03 90 40 60 61
>

>                     Jurjen
Oskam

>                     <[email protected]        To:     ADSM-
L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

>                     NDOUS.ORG>
cc:

>                     Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         Subject:
Re: Problem with audit DB

>                     Stor
Manager"

>                     <ADSM-
L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

>                     26/03/2003
20:12

>                     Please respond

>                     "ADSM: Dist
Stor

Manager"

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 04:13:14PM +0100, GUILLAUMONT Etienne
wrote:

> > I had a problem with my TSM db, it couldn't make a
reclamation with an
> > error on the db (some raws could not be deleted as I
remember)
> > So I am trying to do an auditdb but the problem is that I
get the
> > followings messages :
> >
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324433 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324433 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324433 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324433 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324433 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324433 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR9999D imaudit.c(5630): ThreadId<11> Inventory object
0.3081816
> deleted.
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324434 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324434 database entries
(cumulative).
> > ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 324434 database entries
(cumulative).

> You forgot to mention a *lot* of information, for example:
>
>  - What level of TSM are you on?
>  - How large is your database (GB)?
>  - On what type of hardware does the TSM server run?
>  - What kind of clients do you have?
>

> For what it's worth, I encountered this problem too, once. It
was on
> a level of TSM that was mishandling Windows 2000 System
Objects. Before
> resolving the problem, an auditdb took hours and hours (2G),
after
> resolving the problem an auditdb took 25 minutes.
>
> Search the archives for the "CLEANUP BACKUPGROUP" command.
*If* the System
> Objects are causing this problem, CLEANUP BACKUPGROUP can
help. Note
> that CLEANUP BACKUPGROUP is only available at later TSM
levels!