ADSM-L

definition copy group

2003-03-26 09:52:39
Subject: definition copy group
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:49:51 +0100
Hi,

I'm sorry for the previous post. I've pressed the send button a bit too early.

Suppose I've got the following copy group defined in a management class:

Versions Data Exists: 5
Versions Data Deleted: 2
Remain Extra Versions: 30
Remain Only Version: 60

I take a backup of a file A which changes 5 times, so I'll have 5 incremental
versions (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 with A5 being the active version).

Suppose now that the file A don't change any more (A5 is the current active
version) but remains on the server. 30 days after the backup of the version A1,
it will expire. The same for the versions A2 and A3.

Will the version A4 also expire 30 days after the backup of itand will I only
have the version A5 on tape? Or does the expiration of extra versions halts
when the number of versions gets equal to the number of 'versions data deleted'?

According to the reference guide, the version A4 will expire also 30 days after
the backup of it.

Thanks for the assistance,

Kurt