ADSM-L

NDS-rights for Tivoli admin

2003-03-26 06:48:05
Subject: NDS-rights for Tivoli admin
From: Torsten Strecke <t.strecke AT LWL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:46:26 +0100
Hello,

which NDS-rights needs an appropriate user who administrates the Tivoli-Client
under NetWare to backup/restore netware servers. It shouldn t be the Novell
admin.
During a backup-test the Tivoli admin got supervisor rights to the server
object in the NDS, for a whole NDS-backup he got supervisor rights to the Root
object. Everything worked but however we want to reduce his rights to a minimum.
I know it sounds strange, but we want to seperate the tasks at our company.

Thanks a lot
Torsten