ADSM-L

Re: days in scripting

2003-03-25 08:39:21
Subject: Re: days in scripting
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:38:39 -0500
You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help! I learned that dummy select
here on the list. I also use it for checking time-of-day in other scripts. I
want to make sure I do not start expiration processing during the afternoon
if my maintenance script finishes before 4pm because of the load it places
on the CPU. Here is  the script below showing this little trick:

Name           Line       Command

               Number
----------     ------
START_EXP-     1          select 1 from db where hour(current_time)<16

 IRE

               6          if(rc_ok) goto resch

               11         delete sch start_expire t=a

               16         issue message i 'Starting expiration of old data
from the
                           TSM database.'

               21         expire i quiet=yes

               26         exit

               31         resch:

               36         delete sch start_expire t=a

               41         def sch start_expire t=a cmd='run start_expire'
startt=16:00
                           active=y perunits=onetime

   Take care,
       Al