ADSM-L

Re: File scan takes ages during backup

2003-03-25 04:36:21
Subject: Re: File scan takes ages during backup
From: "Tuyl Adrie, A.C. van" <Adrie.vanTuyl AT ORANJEWOUD DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:35:38 +0100
Hi Richard,

Your absolutely right about changing some values and check the effect.
Yesterday I only changed the NotifyBuffer to
NotifyBufferSize=0x00400000
but this night it crashed again...
jbberror.log:
03/25/2003 01:16:54 Error updating the journal for fs D:, rc = -1, errno =
27
03/25/2003 01:16:56 JbbMonitorThread(): DB Access thread, tid 469 ended with
return code 215.

Strangest thing is that it crashed during night, during backup of that
filesystem (backup of this drive takes from 23:00 to 04:04)
So I wondered about the other value and what is was for and if it can do any
harm (i.e. miss a backup when actually the file has changed).

Kind regards,
Adrie van Tuyl

TSM Client 4.2.2.0.Win NT SP 6a
TSM Server 4.2.2.6 Win NT SP 6a

> Adrie
>
> > So, attribute changes (0x00000004) are now not notified...
> > Is this due to a virus checking application?
>
> My memory isn't exact (it's old age creeping on, probably), but yes, I
> think it was because of the virus check.  Whatever the reason, it doesn't
> seem to harm us.
>
> But my main points were
> 1) it's the memory size that is most important
> 2) you can also cut down on notifications as well
>
> You must always check for yourself to see if changing a value will have a
> bad effect in your environment.
>
> Our environment is a *very* stable server (basically, it's just a load of
> online reference documents). And the few changes that do take place are
> not
> critical - in the extreme, we can always recreate the server from other
> sources. Thus we do not care too much if we miss a few changes. But not
> everyone will want that.
>
> Richard Foster
> Norsk Hydro asa
>
>  << Bestand: ATT793995.txt >>
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
postmaster AT oranjewoud DOT nl
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been checked by
McAfee Groupshield for the presence of computer viruses.