ADSM-L

STK 9310 Eject Script

2003-03-24 16:55:15
Subject: STK 9310 Eject Script
From: Ben Chuang <bchuang AT CHUANG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:39:33 -0500
I'm looking to see if anybody has written a script that they could share
that fixes the issue with having to reply to automatic ejects when using a
STK 9310 with TSM. Every time tapes are ejected, TSM expects a reply so it
knows that the tapes have actually been removed. This is fine for manual
checkouts, but I'd like to automate the replies when automatically ejecting
tapes. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I figured I see if anybody had
written a script that they could share with me.

I contacted Tivoli about this "feature" and they say that they have no plans
on changing the way this works.