ADSM-L

Re: poll: versions data deleted

2003-03-21 11:36:36
Subject: Re: poll: versions data deleted
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:26:41 -0500
Where are the settings for DaysExist and DaysDeleted at?  I am very curious
about this method, since we have some same policies but are using 12
VERExists and 1 VERDeleted with 30 RETExtra and 30 RETOnly.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

                      David E Ehresman
                      <deehre01@LOUISVI        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      LLE.EDU>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: poll: versions
data deleted
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/21/2003 11:15
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Our standard policy to retain backups for 30 days.  We do that by
setting both VersionsExist and VersionDeleted to NoLimit and DaysExist
and DaysDeleted to 30.

Versions unlimited means we don't take the performance hit of
versioning during the client backup window.

David