ADSM-L

SQL DB backup fails with following errors !!

2003-03-21 11:30:44
Subject: SQL DB backup fails with following errors !!
From: prasanna S ghanekar <gpresy AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:30:19 -0500
Hello All,

I've been backing up quite a few databases from a SQL Cluster using TDP for SQL
V2 for some time. for the past few days, I've started getting an error and the
backup started failing for one particular database on the SQL cluster. I tried
to find out more looking at the event logs but could not find anything on
Microsoft for the SQL event ID's. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Event ID: 17055
Category: Kernel
BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device
'TDPSQL-00000226-0000'. Operating system error 1003(Cannot complete this
function.)

Event ID: 17055
Category: Kernel
BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup device
'TDPSQL-00000226-0000'. Operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been
aborted because of either a thread exit  or an application request.)

P.S. I'm not using a Tape media but a set of Hard drives for the initial data
transfer. It fails only on this database and other database backups using TDP
for SQL work just fine. Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna Ghanekar
EDS MI