ADSM-L

Re: SELECT STATEMENT NOT WORKING

2003-03-20 10:17:54
Subject: Re: SELECT STATEMENT NOT WORKING
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:15:31 -0700
Joni,

Your observations are symptomatic of APARs IC28825 and IC34609. You can
find more detail about these by going to the IBM web site (www.ibm.com)
and doing a search on these APAR numbers.

You need to hard-code a value in your date criterion, although this could
be automated through the help of a script.

As a "sanity" check, try the following:

  SELECT node_name, scheduled_start, schedule_name, status
  FROM events
  WHERE (node_name LIKE 'HMCH%' OR node_name LIKE 'HMPG%')
    AND scheduled_start> '2003-03-18'
  ORDER BY node_name

Also be careful with the '>' sign, as this could be interpreted as
redirection. Note how I put the '>' sign immediately to the right of the
"scheduled_start" part.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
03/20/2003 07:36