ADSM-L

Backing up HPUX on Itanium

2003-03-20 05:38:36
Subject: Backing up HPUX on Itanium
From: Arni Eggertsson <arnie AT GORMUR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:41:37 +0000
Hey there guys

A customer of mine recently bought two HP Itanium2 Boxes and is running Oracle
9.2 RAC on them.  When he called us and wanted to back these machines up we hit
a brick wall.  According to Tivoli we will not see Oracle client for HPUX
Itanium2 until late October or November.   What makes this even harder is that
the Backup/Archive client has not been released for HPUX Itanium2 either.

So we decided to do some experiments,
 I've managed to install the Backup/Archive client on another machine and copy
the files accross to the Itanium2 machines and the Backup/Archive client seems
to work without problems (due to PA-RISC emulation in the Itanium2)  We haven't
tried yet to do the same trick with the Oracle client but we plan to do it.

What I wanted to know is if somebody else has tried any of this and how it
worked out?

Best regards,
Arni