ADSM-L

Re: Dirdisk stgpool volume deleted

2003-03-19 15:42:26
Subject: Re: Dirdisk stgpool volume deleted
From: DFrance <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:49:12 -0800
Also, you might try running a backup using -dirsonly option?  This, at least,
would re-establish the directory info -- you can then restore the
data/file-tree structures, but you'd likely have trouble using point-in-time
parameters for a restore that includes the lost (older) directory objects.

For the future, I'd advise your Dirdisk be copy-pooled TWO (or even THREEE)
times -- one to it's own storage pool (that stays in the silo), then once to
the same copypool as the primary data.  I assume you've already configured
sequential (FILE) primary pool for migration from the primary (DISK) pool -- to
mitigate reclamation performance for copypool volumes marked "offsite".

HTH!

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT ayett DOT net (change aye to a for replies)

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)