ADSM-L

Re: Questions about "atape" upgrade

2003-03-19 15:38:53
Subject: Re: Questions about "atape" upgrade
From: Allen Barth <allen.barth AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:35:28 -0600
So far every single time I've upgraded Atape over the last 6 years I've
done it thru smit install without doing a deinstall of the previous
version, and have not had any problems.  My experience is that the process
has always deleted and redefine the rmt#'s.  Note that some of the levels
of Atape had instructions to delete the old version 1st, not use smit,
yada yada.  But again I've never done it.  However, I tend to keep my
levels of AIX very current so that *may* have had something to do with it.

VILLEGAS TONY <btna AT TERRA DOT COM>
03/18/03 01:49 PM
Please respond to btna