ADSM-L

Re: Problem with a library

2003-03-19 13:47:31
Subject: Re: Problem with a library
From: Peter Ford <PFord AT STENTOR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:46:44 -0800

I had this problem recently on a different library (Adic Scalar 100), and
opened a ticket with TSM support.  We were informed that it was due to the fact
that we added new hardware to the system (we had added 2 drives) and that the
paths from the server to the library were now incorrect.  We were instructed to
remove the drives and all of their paths from the system, and to re-add them.
Unfortunately, now we are running into a problem with the library as well.

If a simple audit library doesn't work, you might try removing the drive
definitions and redefining them.  Then try your audit again.

If anyone has any reason why this would not be a good idea, please let me know!

Thanks.
Peter

    Peter Ford
    System Engineer