ADSM-L

Re: License Pricing

2003-03-19 08:53:47
Subject: Re: License Pricing
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:52:27 -0600
Yes, I just purchased a single processor license, it was $528 or so USD.
The ones
I purchased just before year end were about $218USD.

Unless new customers are coming in with huge discounts, I think that TSM is
now
priced out of the market.

As a consultant (in a former life) I would be seriously considering taking
my customers
to other products, if I could find one that fits.

I love the TSM concept, but economics is what rules.  And there is not
enough difference
in the technological differences to make up the economic ones at this point.