ADSM-L

Dual copy of files

2003-03-19 07:21:43
Subject: Dual copy of files
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:18:34 -0500
Hello!

I have a user that wants 2 copies of their database logs on 2 different
tapes (the onsite tape storage pool is collocated).  They thought that by
archiving the file twice several days apart that it would be on different
tapes (just in case a tape went bad or it never made an offsite copy due to
a tape problem).  Is there a parameter or a certain file configuration that
would allow the user to have 2 copies of the same logs on different tapes?
As of now the only way I can think to do this is to create another onsite
tape storage pool and have them archive their data to both pools.  Is there
a better way?  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com