ADSM-L

Problem with a library

2003-03-19 04:57:03
Subject: Problem with a library
From: GUILLAUMONT Etienne <eguillau AT RGB-TECHNOLOGIE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:56:34 +0100
Hello,

I have a problem with my library Storagetek l20, Nothing works and each
time TSM tries to use it, I get the following messages :

ANR8478W Invalid home slot address in inventory for library L20; volume =
LOTA03;slot = 1016.
ANR9999D mmsscsi.c(6779): ThreadId<48> Unable to build active slot records
for library L20.
ANR8441E Initialization failed for SCSI library L20.

The manuals say to issue an audit library but if I try it, I still get the same
messages. I tried to halt and restart TSM but it changed nothing. I
 also tried to checkout some libvolumes but even with the remove=no option, it
didn't change anything.
I also removed manually the LOTA03 tape but still nothing changes.

What can I do to rebuild the content of my library and what does that message
mean ?

Etienne GUILLAUMONT
e-mail : etienne AT rgb-technologie DOT fr

RGB Technologie
Parc d'Innovation, Bâtiment PYTHAGORE
11 Rue Jean SAPIDUS
67400 ILLKIRCH