ADSM-L

Charging chargeback

2003-03-17 13:08:59
Subject: Charging chargeback
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:07:58 -0800
I was wondering if someone has a model for charging back customers for
use/storage of data within TSM. I am trying to implement a new environment
but am not sure how to go about figuring this. I have hardware costs, tape
costs, software costs, maintenance costs and floor space costs to add a new
system. Before anyone even takes a look at it they want me to figure out
how, and how much, to charge back to the customers. The problem is I have no
hard data as to how many clients and the amount of data each will use. Can
you figure costs like this without knowledge about the clients? We are only
allowed to recoup costs, not make money.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154