ADSM-L

Re: urgent! server is down!

2003-03-17 06:30:08
Subject: Re: urgent! server is down!
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:29:31 +0100
Helo guys,
one of our customer wants to backup Oracle databases in such a way, that
along with normal daily backup with 14 days retension should be also once a
week created sparate full backups of Oracle databases, which should be kept
for 1 year.
My question is how to do this as eficintly as possible (som of databases
are quite large - 400 GB).

Is there any other solution than to use two different node names?
And if I use two node names for Oracle backup, how to configure TDP? Do I
need two RMAN backup repositories - one for each TSM node or can I use only
one?

Thank you in advance

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.