ADSM-L

Re: Scheduler stopping with error "Program Memory Exhausted"

2003-03-16 10:24:22
Subject: Re: Scheduler stopping with error "Program Memory Exhausted"
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:17:24 +0200
Some old versions of the client had memory leaks but were fixed long time
ago. If you are using such an old version (many people still do not
describe their environment asking questions) the problem can show up.
There is generic solution to this - use Client Acceptor Daemon (dsmcad).
It would start and stop the TSM scheduler for each event. As result memory
leak will last only during the session and will do no harm. As side effect
any change to dsm.opt will not require restart of the scheduler (dsmcad
will take care of this).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>