ADSM-L

Re: fs backup versus database backup

2003-03-13 05:43:15
Subject: Re: fs backup versus database backup
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SITI-ITDGE41" <ruud.vanruler AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:38:29 +0100
Thomas

we don't use caching on our diskpools.
I know we should direct SAPbackups to tape ... and for our bigger systems we
do  ...

you wrote:
"Your FS backup gives you the network data transfer rate, whereas the
DB backup gives you a number including network data transfer rate,
tape mount/unmount times etc. "

then fs backups is by default faster than db backups assuming one uses same
network and disk (in stead of tape) ?