ADSM-L

AW: Creating two tape copies offsite with each has Different Rete ntion

2003-03-13 03:16:19
Subject: AW: Creating two tape copies offsite with each has Different Rete ntion
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:15:15 +0100
Hi,

It would be interesting to learn what real business requirements
lead your manager to this double-retention requirements,
what danger or costs will arise if you use the longer retention
for onsite and offsite pools.

If your manager is really a manager
he will thing in this terms (dollars,risk,service,..)
and either will be able to explain to you
(an you to us) what the real requirements are
or in the lack of ability to explain
he will figure out he was wrong.

I do not agree with all those postings
who would force your manager
to read the manuals of TSM.
I want managers have defined business objectives
and not technical solutions.

Juraj