ADSM-L

Re: Client login with admin id and password

2003-03-12 13:36:20
Subject: Re: Client login with admin id and password
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:35:10 -0800
So right Wanda !
I just tried in 4.2 using my sys admin id and its password to connect with,
then tried to look at a backup of
tsm> q backup /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
ANS1092E No files matching search criteria were found
tsm> q backup /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys -inact
ANS1092E No files matching search criteria were found
tsm> quit
zdec23@tsmutl01/home/zdec23 > ls -l /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system      5086 Oct 29 06:09
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/
bin/dsm.sys

Then I tried as myself with the proper node password, still couldn't see the
backup copy of the file...

Then tried as "root" with the proper node password, worked just fine :-)

             Size      Backup Date        Mgmt Class A/I File
            5,086  10/30/2002 06:07:46    DEFAULT     A
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
tsm>

Yet another reason to stay current on code !

Dwight