ADSM-L

Re: Migration vs. Expiration

2003-03-11 16:40:14
Subject: Re: Migration vs. Expiration
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:35:39 -0500
Usually this is a load issue.  It SHOULD work just fine.
But EXPIRATION hits the data base and the log really hard.

It might make your migration run longer; do you care?

The most common issue people have when running two DB-intensive operations
together is running out of log space.

If those two ideas don't bother you, go ahead and try it, see if you like
the results.

I have 1 TSM server that is lightly loaded most of the time, on that one I
don't care when expiration runs.
BUT, on my biggest TSM server which is beaten senseless every day, I don't
dare let EXPIRATION run while other stuff is running.

So it just depends on your situation.