ADSM-L

Re: Latest Mac OSX client?

2003-03-11 14:51:07
Subject: Re: Latest Mac OSX client?
From: Jim Jepson <jepson AT APPLE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:50:14 -0800
Hi Farren,

Unless something has changed is the last few weeks, the latest OS-X
Client is 5.1.5.13.  We have been using it for several weeks and really
like how it is performing.

However, in a few cases (immediately following the upgrade) the TSM
client would see multiple volumes on a single volume server, or one of
the volumes would be duplicated.  As soon as the scheduler attempts a
backup it fails upon encountering duplicate volume names.

Fortunately it is easy to fix.  If you experience this, simply do a
manual backup of the machine in question.  You will see the it no
longer sees duplicate volumes, and automated backup work properly.
This is was a weird issue, and inconsistent.  If the upgrade goes fine,
you do not experience this phenomenon.

-Jim