ADSM-L

TDP for Domino 5.1.5 problem

2003-03-11 08:01:16
Subject: TDP for Domino 5.1.5 problem
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:00:27 +0100
Hi TSM-ers
I have following problem with Domino backup:
when I do backup of Domio databases (GUI or cmd line) I always got a lot of
following mesages:

03/11/2003 09:40:02 This database is currently being used by someone else.
In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server
instead of a File Server.
03/11/2003 09:40:08 Backup of names.nsf failed.
03/11/2003 09:40:08 This database is currently being used by someone else.
In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server
instead of a File Server.
03/11/2003 09:40:10 Backup of catalog.nsf failed.

Environment:

Domino 6.0 server on Windows 2000 SP3
TDP for Domino 5.1.5
TSM client 5.1.5.4
TSM server 5.1.5.2 on AIX 5.1

I can backup all ntf files and most of nsf databases, but some of databases
fail to backup - names.nsf allways fail
I can open all databases with LN client without any problem (through Domino
server of course).
All tasks on Domino server were stoped except DB server.
No  antivirus or other SW, which could lock files.
our Domino admin checked that nobody is using databases via filesystem (not
through Domino server)

Does somebody know what could be the reason for this kind of failure ?

I know it is probably Domino problem, but hope somebody can help.

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618