ADSM-L

Re: Error 1711. An error occurred while writing installation information to disk

2003-03-10 15:51:24
Subject: Re: Error 1711. An error occurred while writing installation information to disk
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:51:20 -0500
Lisa,

I had the same issue with the 4.1 client.

I can not remember which solution solved my issue.

1. In the readme file it mentions about some value to change in
the setup.ini file.

2. Run the file called "instmsiw.exe" that's within the
directory of the TSM install files.  It's going to update some
files on the system and ask to reboot the system.  Answer "Yes"
to reboot the system.  After it rebooted run this file again.
It will once again update some files.  After you ran this file
a second time you can then run setup.exe again.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Lisa Cabanas (CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET) wrote:

> Any ideas?  NT4 SP5, had 4.2.1.20 client on it and I get this:
>
> Error 1711. An error occurred while writing installation
information to
> disk.  Check to make sure enough disk space is available, and
click Retry,
> or Cancel to end the installation.
>
> trying to install the 5.1.5.9 client.  This isn't the same
error as the out
> of disk error that used to happen
>
>  error 1603 General Windows Installer engine error. Increase
DiskSpace
>  requirement in Setup.ini and try again
>

> The only hit I come up with is on msdn- but on a win2k box
using the Group
> policy method of deploying installments.  (the domain
controller's sysvol