ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: SV: Backup MS SQL master.mdf

2003-03-10 09:35:35
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: SV: Backup MS SQL master.mdf
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit AT BAYERBBS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:36:26 +0100
Hi,
make an incremantal full backup of your system when the SQL service is not
running, as well as the system objects.
when you make a bare metal restore, restore the system objects than the files,
including the SQL files and standard databases,
start the sql service and restore all databases.
When you make a cold bakup of the sql system you make sure that the SQL server
service starts when you restart / restore the system because the database has
got a consistant state to go with all the dll's and server files. The TDP is not
a bare metal restore tool which means that you need a consistant database state
when you restore the SQL system with the BAclient. It has always worked for me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Markus Veit