ADSM-L

Question about Schedules.

2003-03-07 12:26:51
Subject: Question about Schedules.
From: "Gent, Chad E." <cgent AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:03:47 -0500
Hello All Its Friday!!!

Quick Question.

I have a TSM server on AIX platform running TSM Version 4.2.11.14.

I would like to know if I can create a TSM Schedule on the server to use a
certain dsm.opt file on the client.  I would like to create another DSM.OPT
file for PST backups called dsmpst.opt on each client (NT 4.0 clients).  In
this file I will include only PST backups for that client.   I currently
have a weekly schedule that executes a command script on each client, with
100 clients the administrative work becomes quite a hassle.  I would like to
make this backup relay more on the server and not have to worry about making
changes to each client.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Chad