ADSM-L

LanFree Backup

2003-03-07 09:20:09
Subject: LanFree Backup
From: "LeBlanc, Patricia" <Patricia.Leblanc AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:19:36 -0500
I'm hoping someone has some good advice......We're not having any luck getting
Lan-free backup working.  Here's our environment:

TSM Server - AIX 4.3.3. running TSM v5.1.1.6
Client - W2K running TSM Backup Client v5.1.1.5, and TSM Storage Agent  v5.1.1.6
Tape Library - IBM Magstar 3494 w/3590 tape drives

We're getting mixed messages on what drivers are needed to run Lan-free.  I've
installed the TSM device drivers that come on the disk with the storage agent.
I've also seen there are IBM Atl drivers and IBM Magstar.  Nothing is working.

Does anyone have lanfree working?
thanks,
pattie
backup and recovery engineering