ADSM-L

3590 microcode

2003-03-07 08:52:45
Subject: 3590 microcode
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:52:41 -0500
Hi All,

     With all the recent discussion here about I/O errors on tapes being
the result of downleveled microcode, I went looking for the latest 3590E
code, and all I could find was level 350, which we installed 15 months
ago.  Can anyone point me at a download site for the newest code?  I tried
ftp.software.ibm.com, but 350 was the latest, and service2.boulder.ibm.com
has none at all, even though I got redirected there.

Thanks,

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)