ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP STGPOOL

2003-03-05 18:45:12
Subject: Re: BACKUP STGPOOL
From: James Taylor <jimtsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:29:06 -0500
Is there still no way to enter a command in that will cancel a process
immediately.  For years we have had to put up with this problem.  There are
cases where we have seen reclamations, backups, or archives where the
process is obviously stalled and we can't kill the process until the current
item that the process is working on completes.  Or we must have a drive to
perform an emergency task, but the drives ate tied up transferring a huge
file from one tape to another.

Is there something with more authority than 'can proc #'?

JT