ADSM-L

Re: Fibre Channel Loop Disk and Tape device

2003-03-02 03:04:21
Subject: Re: Fibre Channel Loop Disk and Tape device
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 03:02:46 -0500
This is not a TSM issue it is a FC issue.  Are you running your tape on the
same HBAs as the Disk containing the Oracle database.  This is a no-no if
you are running random I/O to the Oracle database at the same time.  You
will need dedicated HBAs for the tape from the Oracle database client if
that is the case.