ADSM-L

Re: Fragmented Database Maybe?

2003-02-28 11:26:04
Subject: Re: Fragmented Database Maybe?
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:20:46 +0000
Hi Lee

I'll look into that. However, we have a 50GB backupool. Would this not be
affected too?

Thanks

Farren

Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Looks like you have hit a 4gb limit.  I forget the parm, but if you are
using newfs or mkfs to create database volumes, there is "largefiles" (I
think) which allows file sizes above 4gb.

Using solaris 8 here, and have two db volumes of 6gb each.  Works fine.

Hope this helps.