ADSM-L

Re: Multiple include exclude files

2003-02-27 16:22:12
Subject: Re: Multiple include exclude files
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:45:42 -0500
I agree with Andy don't change include/exludes between backups of the same
system!

Use TSM 'archive' function to get the data once per week to the TSM server
instead of TSM 'backup'

exclude's are ignored by the TSM archive function (unless you are using
exclude.archive)

Matt G.
Eastman Kodak

                      Andrew Raibeck
                      <storman AT US DOT IBM.         To:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: Re: Multiple include
exclude files
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      02/27/2003 03:36
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

You definitely should not use multiple include/exclude lists. Here is a
post I made a while back on a similar topic:

http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm96/5251.html

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

William Goliak <wgoliak AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
02/27/2003 13:10

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Multiple include exclude files

I've got a set of files, a database, that I want to do a cold backup on 1
time a week.  I also want the nightly backups to keep excluding those DBF
files.  Can I do this within one include exclude file?  Do I need a
second include exclude file, and how go about doing that?

        -Bill Goliak
NSIT-SEA Unix Systems Adminstrator
Office: 773 702 9425
Pager:  773 652 0744