ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS or Native TSM manager

2003-02-26 14:56:22
Subject: Re: ACSLS or Native TSM manager
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:54:47 -0500
We run AIX 4.3.3, have gone from TSM 3.1 to 3.7 to 4.1 to 4.2.1.5..... Etc.

On ADSM 3.1, you needed ACSLS to support some types of devices that ADSM
didn't support native.

And at one time you could put two types of drives in the library if you used
ACSLS, and TSM doesn't support that with native SCSI (and I'm not sure you
can still do this at TSM 5.x, even with ACSLS).

Once we evolved past those 2 requirements, we dropped ACSLS and went to
TSM's native SCSI support.
It's a much simpler configuration and works just dandy if TSM is the only
application using the library.