ADSM-L

Re: Tape Errors - Help me recover unavailable tapes...

2003-02-26 11:54:38
Subject: Re: Tape Errors - Help me recover unavailable tapes...
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:54:01 -0500
Hi Jack,

You are clearly having some problems, either hardware or microcode, if you
are getting this many errors.  You will probably continue to get more of
these errors until you pursue what is going on.

That said, we can try to clean up the tape mess.

Let's deal with the "destroyed" tapes first:

They either got marked destroyed by an administrator, or because someone ran
a RESTORE VOLUME.  Do you know which it is?  And do you have copy pool tapes
that we can use to rebuild these 2 volumes?