ADSM-L

Re: licensing costs

2003-02-26 09:54:43
Subject: Re: licensing costs
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:52:23 -0800
Bruce,

At this point the licensing scheme is sold one way and incorporated into
the TSM Server a second completely different way.  One way I thought of
to bring the two licensing schemes would be to have each node registered
with a number of processors entered with it as an option.  That
accomplishes that function, now we could kill two birds with one stone
by adding a "TDP License" option with a flags of DB2, SAP, Oracle,
Sybase, etc so that both the TDP and the node license are associated
with the same nodename.  And while were at it, let's make it easier to
store both filesystem and TDP data under the same nodename instead of
creating a second virtual node.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark