ADSM-L

Re: 5.1.6.2 Upgrade

2003-02-26 04:38:04
Subject: Re: 5.1.6.2 Upgrade
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:17:28 +0100
Hello,
we have 5.1.6.2 on AIX 4.3.3 since 2 days. We upgraded from 5.1.1.6. I would
like to mention a few points.

I have not seen any problems with the server help menus.

After the upgrade the inittab entry for the ACSLS interface was missing.

There is a slight problem with the formatting of the output of "q proc".
Line breaks are missing and the output contains special characters like ~ or
backslash. It is a very minor problem.

The problem with the extraneous system object backup groups is gone. Cleanup
backupgroup and a subsequent expiration reduced the number of files from 1.9
million to 190000. However, keep an eye on your recovery log when running
cleanup backupgroups and the first expiration after upgrading.

In my opinion 5.1.6.2 seems to be the stable version we have been waiting
for.

Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany