ADSM-L

Re: tape cartridges with same bar codes

2003-02-23 16:11:00
Subject: Re: tape cartridges with same bar codes
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:30:07 +0200
It would not work and that is intentional.
Assume you have a library in production (3494 in your case) and one or
more standalone drives (your 3590B/E/H) at disaster-recovery site. If TSM
volumes are hardly referred to library-libvolume you would be forced to
have *exact the same* library at DR site. Currently volumes are referred
to libvolumes in one-to-one in *any* library. Thus you can remove 3494
libvolumes A, B, C and access them in 3590 drive (defined as manual
library).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Ki-Hwan Kwon <kihwan AT CS.UALBERTA DOT CA>
10.02.2003 02:54