ADSM-L

Re: Backup Retention Question

2003-02-21 12:09:37
Subject: Re: Backup Retention Question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:07:21 -0700
As long as the file exists on the client machine and you do not
subsequently delete it or excude it from backup, TSM will retain the
*latest* version forever, regardless of the VEREXISTS, VERDELETED,
RETONLY, or RETEXTRA settings. So if you back up file A, TSM will keep
that backup copy forever until you delete the file, change the file, or
exclude the file from backup.

I'm not sure I entirely understood your question, so if I've missed
something, let me know.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
02/21/2003 09:40